How do I generate a CSR on Plesk 9?
This knowledge base article explains the process for generating a CSR on
- Login to the Plesk Control Panel.
- In the Domains section, click on the Domains icon.
- Click on the domain name that you would like to install an SSL
- Under the Additional Tools sections, click on the SSL
- Under the SSL Certificates heading, click on the Add
New Certificate icon in the Tools section.
- You will see the Create a new SSL certificate for domain
screen. Enter in the following information according to the list
In the Certificates section:
Certificate name - Enter a name for the certificate
in the field. This is the name that will identify the certificate on
In the Preferences section:
Bits - Select 2048 from the drop down list.
Country - Select the country from the drop-list
where your Organisation is incorporated.
State or province - Spell out the state completely;
do not abbreviate the parish, state or province name, for example: Pembroke
Location (City) - The locality field is the city or
town name, for example: Hamilton or London.
Organization name (company) - This is the legal
name of your organisation.
Organization department/division name - This
optional field is the name of the department or other group making the
Domain name - This will be the Common Name of the
certificate. The Common Name is the Host + Domain Name. It looks like secure.example.com
E-mail - Enter in an e-mail address that will be visible in the certificate.
- When you have entered in all of the criteria, click on the
Request button underneath the E-mail field.
- Back in the SSL Certificates screen, scroll down and click on the
certificate name that you just created.
- In the Edit SSL Certificate domain name screen, highlight all the text
underneath the CSR heading; including the -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE
REQUEST---- and -----END CERTIFICATE REQUEST lines.
Note: Do not highlight any of the information underneath Private
Key. The information underneath the Private Key heading is your private
key and should never leave the server.
- Once the CSR has been highlighted, copy it and submit it to