How do I install iKey onto Windows?
If you use a SafeNet iKey
or the SafeNet eToken
to store your Digital Certificates, then you will need to install the SafeNet Authentication Client software on any machine that you will be using your iKey token on. The following process will work on 32 (x86) and 64 bit versions of Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8. This application will not work on Windows RT. Note:
The colors of this installation may differ from your install file as the colors and layout of the SafeNet Authentication Client was changed in SAC 8.2. The procedure and steps in this article should be the same.
- Obtain the SafeNet SAC software from QuoVadis.
- Open the setup file to start the Setup wizard.
- At the Welcome screen, click on the Next button.
- Select your preferred language from the drop down menu. Once selected, click on the Next button.
- At the License Agreement screen, accept the license agreement and click on the Next button.
- At the Installation Type screen, select the Standard radio button and click on the Next button.
- In the Destination Folder screen, click on Browse if you wish to install the SafeNet Authentication Client in a different location. Otherwise, click on Next to accept the default location.
- Once installation has finished