How do I create a CSR in Oracle Wallet Manager?
This tutorial will guide you through the process of creating a CSR in Oracle Wallet Manager.
- Open "Oracle Wallet Manager."
- From the Menu, select "Operations."
- Click on "Create Certificate Request."
- A new window will appear called "Create Certificate Request." Enter in the details as follows:
Common Name: This will be the Common Name on the certificate. The Common Name is the Host + Domain Name. It looks like “secure.example.com” or “example.com”.
Organizational Unit: This optional field is the name of the department or other group making the request.
Organization: The legal name of your organization.
Locality/City: The locality field is the city or town name, for example: Hamilton or Stamford.
State/Province: Spell out the state completely; do not abbreviate the parish, state or province name, for example: Pembroke or Connecticut.
Country: Use the two-letter code of your country without punctuation, for example: BM or UK or CH.
Key Size: Select 2048 from the drop down.
- Once you have entered in all the required information, click on the "OK" button.
- A new window will appear that confirms successful creation of the CSR. Click on the "OK" button.
- In the Oracle Wallet Manager, click on "Operations" again from the menu.
- Click on "Export Certificate Request."
- Select a location that you would like save the CSR in. You will also be required to provide a name for this file in the "Enter File Name" field.
- Once you have selected a location and file name, click on the "OK" button.
- Open the .txt file using a text editor (such as Notepad), copy all the contents and submit it to QuoVadis.